Partner Visa

If you are married to, in a committed relationship with or the fiancée of an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be able to obtain an Australian Partner Visa. All applicants for a Partner Visa must have an Australian sponsor. Your sponsor must provide a written statement pledging to support you for your first 2 years in Australia, including accommodation and financial assistance to meet reasonable living needs. Your relationship with your partner will be assessed as part of the application process. Additionally, applications are assessed against Australian health and character requirements.

F.1 Partner visa (subclass 801/820)

There are two types of Partner Visas: Subclass 820 and Subclass 801. The Subclass 820 visa is a temporary partner visa that allows you to live in Australia. The Subclass 820 visa is the first stage towards a permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801). You apply for both visas at the same time and pay only one application charge. Applications are processed in two stages, about two years apart.

F1.Benefits of a Partner Visa (Subclasses 820 and 801)

Work and live in Australia indefinitely Opportunity to study in Australia Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s state-run healthcare program Opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship Sponsor relatives for permanent residence Travel in and out of Australia as you please

F1.Benefits of a Partner Visa (Subclasses 820 and 801)

The Temporary Partner visa allows you limited benefits, including Live and work in Australia until a decision is made about your permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Study in Australia (without access to government funding) Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses Include dependent children on your application (dependent applicants must be in Australia when they apply)

F2Partner Service in Chennai

F.2 Partner visa (subclass 309/100)

This partner visa has been designed for the spouse or de facto partner of a permanent resident, citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen to visit and stay with their partner in Australia.

Eligibility Requirements
  • You must be outside Australia while applying and on the grant of Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309)
  • You can be either in or outside Australia while applying for a Permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).
  • Australian Permanent Resident
  • Australian Citizens
  • Eligible Citizen of New Zealand

F.3 Partner visa- The Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

The Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) is for people who want to come to Australia to marry their prospective spouse. It is a temporary visa for nine months. You must be outside Australia when you lodge your application and when the visa is granted. You can have the wedding in any country: the wedding does not need to be in Australia.

This visa allows you to
  • Work in Australia, although some employers might not hire people with temporary visass
  • Study in Australia, but with no access to government funding for tertiary study
  • Apply for a Travel/Visa-1/300- Partner visa, in Australia, after your marriage.s
  • enter Australia before you marry your prospective spouse
  • travel in and out of Australia as often as you want

F3Partner Service in Chennai
Apply Now